If you are like me, you also like to separate your unread books from your read books. I originally did this in order to keep my unread books fresh in my mind. However, I have been buying a LOT of books this year and the shelf has been growing bigger and bigger. What is worse is that I have one shelf (containing 18 unread books) at my parents’ house in the US and another (with 10 books sitting on it) in England. To add more to my shame, I have a few books on their way to me as well. Oops!!
So for the upcoming year, I have decided to partake in the TBR Pile Challenge in order to reduce the number of unread books. I am not implementing a no-buy because I know that I will have to buy some books for study and research purposes. However, I will do my best to reduce my current unread pile by at least half by the end of 2018.
Here are the books that I wish to get to in the new year:
- Howards End by E.M. Forster.
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
- The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
- The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
- John Halifax, Gentleman by Dinah Craik
- Wandering Stars by Sholem Aleichem
- The Berlin Novels by Christopher Isherwood
- The Betrothed by Alessandro Manzoni
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
- Pygmalion and Three Other Plays by George Bernard Shaw
- Sophie’s Choice by William Styron
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- The Death of the Heart by Elizabeth Bowen
- Go Tell It on a Mountain by James Baldwin
A lot of chunkers on this list but I do love a big book. I wish all fellow participants luck!